If you are located east of Williamsburg, VA, you can obtain additional information regarding Nutri-Green® Compost, by contacting Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) at 757-460-4276 or visit http://www.hrsd.com/nutrigreen.htm . Nutri-Green® Compost is produced from wastewater biosolids by the natural process of biological decomposition called composting. Valuable nutrients and organic material from HRSD's wastewater treatment plants are naturally recycled into a product that is a beneficial soil conditioner and plant food supplement.
How does Nutri-Green® work?
- Increases the ability of sandy soil to hold water
- Improves the drainage of heavy clay soil
- Enhances the aeration of heavy clay soil
- Provides long-lasting essential plant nutrients
- Weed free
- Neutral pH
Nutri-Green® Can Be Used to:
- Establish a new lawn
- Top-dress an existing lawn
- Establish new or existing flower beds and vegetable gardens
- Mend small bare spots
- Plant ornamental trees and shrubs
- Make enriched potting soil
Where to find Nutri-Green® CompostNutri-Green® Compost is available in bulk and in 40-pound bags at some Hampton Roads area garden centers.